All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Never Understand



She stood up from the chair quickly, her eyes ablaze for he had finally said the thing that she did not want to hear.
She had told him her side of things over and over. Did he hear her? No, he only wanted to be right. That was the kind of man he was, a right fighter. It did not matter that his view was skewed, selfish and egotistical he only wished to be right.
He sat there and said those horrible things about her to someone else?!
He betrayed her in a way that was not right and he blamed her.
How the hell was his betrayal her fault?
Her body trembled with the fury that raced through her heart and then swirled like poison in her stomach.

Eyes narrowed she said softly.
"I have said so many things to help you understand, I have explained myself until I was blue in the face. I did everything you wanted. I stopped when you said. Then you said you wanted things this way, just us, this way and then you go and do what you told me to stop doing?"

Her voice had no brittle edge to it, in reality it was low and fierce.
Then she tilted her head at his next words that struck her like a hammer.

"It was how I felt at the time and I acted." his smugness was sickening.

With a lift of her chin she stared him in the eyes and said.

"And I think I realized that even after all my explaining, you still would never understand. You have proven me correct and with that being said...goodbye."

She turned, ignoring his protests and scooped up her keys.
She was leaving this place. Leaving him and all the betrayal behind.
Yes it would be hard to live on her own but she would not exist in a marriage where she was twisted into something she was not.

She walked into the sunlight, lifted her face to the warm rays and knew winter was coming but for now the sunshine warmed some of the cold recesses of her heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment