All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Monday, April 29, 2013

Wrong Time

We met at the wrong time. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.
Maybe one day, years from now, we'll meet in a coffee shop in a far away city somewhere and we could give it another shot.
So until then, I'll just have to continue feeling this way every day.
Sad.
She set her pen down and looked out the window to the traffic outside the coffee shop.
A bright, cheery day in San Fransisco and she was happy to be there. Well not all the way happy but happier than she had ever been before.
Time did heal, she thought as she lifted her latte to take a sip.
She did tell him she had moved here but that was six months ago. He never said a word. He let her go without a word. Not even a goodbye. That hurt the most.
She could understand why they did not have a chance then to be together but at least a goodbye to a lover whom you shared so much that was leaving the state.
A soft sigh escaped her and she looked back at the reddish paper under her hand.
She would paint the bedroom wall that color, she nodded at herself as she turned the paper round and round.
Then perhaps some luck would come into her life in the form of love.
She missed her lover. Missed his dark eyes and his gentle touches. Missed sitting with him on the couch in silence, just enjoying the baseball game and his warm body pressed to hers.
They were good together just not good enough to make an effort, she thought as she let another sigh go.

"Those are pretty deep sighs." a male voice said next to her ear.
She froze. There was no mistaking that voice for it had been seared onto her soul forever.
Her green eyes lifted from the paper to meet the dark gaze of the one she had loved for a millennium.

"You are here." she said with wonder lacing her voice,

"Yes, I am here and if you allow it....." he smiled softly, one fingertip pushing a stray strand of hair from her cheek. "I would like to stay here with you forever."

She smiled and her world righted itself in one sip of coffee.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely in love with this, I hope you write a book around this story. Please do, you write quite beautifully. I saw only the first paragraph on tumblr, and I automatically fell in love with this. You have a gift with words please do write a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind comment.
    I am currently writing and hope to have a book complete this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'd like to start off by stating that this was an amazing story. I was wondering if the first paragraph is your original work or its origin is from somewhere else. I'd appreciate it if you responded, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The part in the red, shown above, is not my work. Everything that follows is mine. Thanks for stopping by to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey did you write this line "We met at the wrong time. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.Maybe one day, years from now, we'll meet in a coffee shop in a far away city somewhere and we could give it another shot." Internet is wrongly pointing to Eternal sunshine of spotless mind?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was able to win back my Ex lover with the help of…. Thanks Dr.mac (@) yahoo .com.,,

    ReplyDelete