All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Everyday Magic



"I don't think magic exists. I mean there are no such things as witches with magic streaming out of their fingers turning people to frogs."

She watched her friend across the table. Her cynicism sometimes got under her skin but then she had a right to her opinion. Her life was not a good one. It was filled with television alone on the couch while her dog sat by her side.
She did believe in magic. It tingled along her skin when something grand was happening and she wished she could share such a feeling with her down trodden friend.
Taking a sip  of her beer she thought of something and said softly.

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic - the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone."

Her friend had become very still as she spoke. The words were like a spell, weaving it's everyday magic between them.

"You my friend, are a work of art. You are magic in human form. I guess I should believe in magic for you always have the right things to say to lift my mood. To make me see the bright side and smile. Thank you." she said as she placed her hand over hers on the table.

Smiling she shook her head. "I'm not magic but I know it's out there and I want to share it. Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment