All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Friday, June 12, 2015

Don't Have to Say a Word


The wind howled outside the hotel room and he stood watching the glittering city below him.
The world went on below, the ebb and flow like it was every single night, but he was stuck in his misery.
Both of his hands slid into his hair and his forehead pressed to the cool glass. His eyes closed as the pain sliced through his heart.
He could not believe he walked away from the best thing ever to come into his life.
The choice he made was more for show, for excitement and of course love but the woman he chose did not see him as his little one did.

"God I fucked up." he said softly.

"Yeah, you did." a voice came to him from across the room.

He turned to see the guitarist from his band holding a six pack of beer. He held it up and waved him over.

"Dude, you need one or more of these."

He sighed and walked to his friend. Taking the beer he twisted the top off and drank down half of it instantly.

"What can you do now man? You not only lost her for yourself you lost her for us as well." his friend said as he sat down in the arm chair.

Sighing he dropped onto the couch and nodded.
"Yeah,I lost it all I think." He drank the rest of the beer and reached for a second one.

"What made you choose like you did?"

He said there silent a moment, his eyes staring blankly into space and then he shook his head

"Ego." he admitted and then let out a long sigh.

"I get that. I really do. But then what made the one who got away so special to you. I know what she was to the rest of us but to you, there was something more."

He took a drink of his beer and thought about it. So much made her so special. So damn much. He closed his eyes for a moment then started to speak.

"She understands me. She accepts me. I don't have to say a word. She just looks at me and sees who I am and how I feel and accepts it. She doesn't try to change it or wants to change it.That person. There's a billion people but I imagine there is only one of her. And I did not chose her." he felt the lump in his throat and the tears did fill his eyes.

"I did not choose that one in a billion. I am a fool." he whispered.

His friend nodded and they sat in silence before the glittering city wondering what came next.

No comments:

Post a Comment