All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Loving in Silence


The snow fell softly outside the window and she knew her tears fell just as softly down her cheeks.
She found she did not cry as much as anymore over the feelings she had for this man as she realized that the heart did harden after a while.
Unrequited love is some of the hardest love to deal with and here she was caught up in a tornado of it.
The words she had written down in the notebook earlier were how she felt.
Never would she utter her feelings out loud to him. Never would she touch his cheek, stare into his blue eyes before she pressed her lips to his.
Never would she hear his voice whisper to her in the night how much he loved her.
Never would she wake up next to the man she loved with all her heart and soul.
He was her twin flame and she felt as if she was being torn in two. Watching the other half of her wander off into the winter snows of her mind.
She tore the paper out of the notebook, stared at the words and then tossed it into the trash.
Those words did not need writing down for they were seared on her heart and would always echo in her mind.

I choose to love you in silence, for in silence I find no rejection.
I choose to love you in loneliness for in loneliness no one owns you but me.
I choose to adore you from a distance, for distance will shield me from pain.
I choose to kiss you in the wind, for the wind is gentler than my lips.
I choose to hold you in my dreams, for in my dreams you have no end.


No comments:

Post a Comment