All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Maybe It Won't Work Out But.....




She stared at the computer screen and sighed.  The post about not being able to sleep was posted and she felt like he would see that and know she was thinking of him. She wished that. She prayed for that.
No sleep was claiming her tonight. Scenarios and happy endings spun within her mind.
They would sit on the porch as the sun came up over the mountains, drinking coffee and enjoying one another's company. They would roast hot dogs over a fire on the beach laughing at whatever crazy antics they had during the day.
She knew it was a dream but hell, why not dream. She was a dreamer.
Why couldn't she have him? Why not?
Cause she was complicated. That was truth.
Maybe he did not like her that way.
A cold chill raced through her soul at that thought and her mind swept her into the dark places she did not like to be.

Her phone buzzed and her heart went to slamming in her chest.
He had texted her.

'You up?' it read

She snatched up her phone and texted back. 'yes'

'I thought so' he said then another text came through. ' Can I call?"

Oh my. Her fingers fumbled out the yes and within a moment he was calling.

"Hi." she said softly as she pressed the phone to her ear.

"Hi. How you doing?" he said and his voice sent shivers of desire through her small form.
Goddess she was lost. This man had her so twisted with desire and longing she did not know what to do with herself. She felt like a silly untried girl with her first love.
What a fool she was.

"I'm good. Just laying here. I want to sleep but damn it's not happening."

"Same here." he said then a sigh was heard.
"Hey.....I want to ask you something."

"Sure. Ask away." She said with a tremor in her voice. Anytime he said things to her out of the blue it scared her. Maybe he was going to move now. Maybe he had a secret girlfriend he did not tell her about and now he was. Maybe he loved her too?

"Do you think of me when you are laying there not able to sleep?" his voice was very soft but she could hear the worry in his voice as he asked.
Her heart had not stopped it's frantic pounding and now it sped up even more. Her breath caught and she wanted to freak out say something flippant but instead she said.

"Yes. Every night when I go to sleep you are on my mind. Every morning when I wake up I think about you and how you are doing."

His breath let out slowly on the other end of the phone.

"Ditto, Little One. Ditto." he said then laughed. "I am lost on you and I have no clue what to fucking do. I am not sure if I could even deal with the situation. But I know I am terrified to lose you. I am scared that we get into this......relationship and it wont work out."

Her heart was soaring cause now she knew he cared. Now she knew her intuition was correct and he thought about her too in the dark of the night.

"Maybe it wont work out.But maybe seeing if it does will be the best adventure ever." She said and smiled at the phone.

He laughed softly. "True. You always know what to say don't you my little one?"

"Yeah. I guess I do." she sighed. "It's worth a try though. We don't want to get to the end of our lives and look back thinking - we should have taken the chance."

"Can I come over now?"

Her heart about flew from her chest at the words he just spoke.

"Yes. Please. Yes." she stammered breathlessly.

"I will be right over love."

She hung up the phone and stared at the quote
Their adventure was beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment