All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Not Leaving Tonight


The holidays had arrived and the time for parties was upon everyone.
Cheer swirled around and she wanted to get into the swing of it all but damn it was hard.
She missed him. Great Goddess she ached for him.
It had been weeks since she had looked into his blue eyes. They were like a drug and she needed her fix.
It seemed that their time together was getting further and further apart.
While she did understand why this was happening it still did not make things any easier.
Of course the more time spent with someone the closer you become.
Remaining distant was a way to either show you were not interested in that way or to protect yourself from feelings that could deepen.
The hardest part of all of those thoughts was she did not know where she stood.
Was she in the position of friend due to not being the type he wanted or was she relegated to this friend zone due to the pull of desire
She wished she knew.
Then she did not want to know.
A soft sigh escaped and she turned away from the window to walk straight into a wall of warmth.

"Hmmph" she cried out then stepped back.
Strong hands caught her around her upper arms and the sensual, masculine laugh floated to her ears.

Her green eyes met blues and she got her fix in that moment.

There he was staring down into her eyes and a thrill of desire washed over her small form.
Goodness, he was so damn gorgeous.

"Sorry about that. Guess I better watch where I am going. Run you down." She laughed then realized he had not let her arms go.

He laughed then released her arms and stepped back.
"I would like to see you run me down little one." he grinned.

She shook her head and laughed at him.

"You going tonight?" he asked and his smile had slipped just a little bit.

"I did not want to go alone so I might skip it." she said and then looked away, her heart in her eyes and she could not allow him to see.

"Then let's go together."

"Really?"

"Unless you don't want to go with me?" He said in a soft voice.

Her heart thumped hard in her chest and she wondered if this would change anything.
With a tilt to her head she said, "Of course I would love to go with you. It's just we don't hang out anymore so.....well...." her words trailed off.

"I understand and I am sorry. I will explain tonight. So you just bring your stuff to the hotel and you can get ready there. Easier. Ok?" he smiled

"Alright. See you then" She said still feeling startled and more than intrigued.

The night flew by. They talked. Ate. Socialized.
Then they found themselves standing in the hotel room laughing over the drunk people they had seen at the party.

"That was great. Thanks for coming out." he said as he tossed his key to the table.
She settled onto the bed and then flopped backwards with a laugh.
"Good hell there were some crazy people tonight. They are going to have some awesome hangovers in the morning. I am glad we did not go that route."

He flopped down next to her and laughed.
"I agree. I don't need to get drunk with you. You make me feel that way no matter what."

She froze at his words and her head to turned to look at him.

"Yeah.....tell me more about that?"

He reached over and let his fingertips slide over her cheek and he sighed.
"I don't want to run from this anymore. I'm tired of fighting my desire for you. I want you. Tonight. Here and now. I can't promise how things will go from here but I will always adore you little one."

Her hearts desire was coming true and her heart was dancing in her chest

"Then let's stop the war raging inside you. Let's call a truce." she whispered as she stared into his eyes.

A sensual smile appeared on his handsome face and he leaned close.

Her lips brushed softy against his, he caressed her cheek, held her hair in his hands, sending shivers down her spine. They trembled for each other. Maybe this wasn't forever but this was a longing they could never forget and both of them knew they weren't leaving each other tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment