All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

He Smiled Like the Devil


"Damn." she breathed and crouched down lower in the brush.
She could hear the horses pounding hooves as they raced down the road and she willed her heart to slow.
The horses stormed past, men shouts made her tremble with the need to kill. She must not move. Do not move, she raged at herself.
A finger twitched on her bow and she knew she could take at least 4 of them out but she had no idea how many there were.
The sounds receded but she did not move. A sound to her right, slightly behind her made her tense and her free hand wrapped around her dagger.
She would not go down without a fight.
Slowly she turned to look over her shoulder to see a pair of dark brown eyes staring at her.
Breath slowly left her as she stood up to watch the doe bound away from her movement.

"Goodness, what a day." she said softly.

"I agree. It has been a trying day." a male voice said with veiled amusement and she wheeled around arrow nocked and ready to fly.

A dark brow rose but the man did not move.

"Really? This is the greeting I receive?" He stared at her with the most beautiful blue eyes she had ever seen. She almost wavered but stood her ground.

"What do you want?" she ground out.

"No my dear, it is what you want. You asked me to aid you and so here I am. You wished to have a savior and so here I am." he bowed with a flourish and as he straightened dark hair fell over his forehead.

"Savior?" she said confusion winding through her. "I asked for no such thing."

"Oh you most certianly did and I am here. I do not come to many my dear. I have a lot on my plate and therefore you should feel special I am here." those blue eyes darkened and she swore she saw fire within their depths.
A fear washed through her as she remembered saying....oh no....she remembered saying out loud while deep into a bottle of wine that she would pay anything to have a savior in a bad spot.

"Ah I see you remember." He stepped closer, one finger touching the tip of the arrow pointing at his throat and he pushed down.
"As I said. I do not do this often but you intrigue me little one and so I am here to take payment and be your savior." He laughed. "Savior.....has such a ring to it dosent it?"
He looked at her and smiled.

When he smiled all she could think was, oh shit.
Oh shit, I made a deal with the Devil.

"No no, not that old word. Devil. I am not standing here with red skin, tail and horns as a repulsive creature." He grinned as he stepped closer and she agreed. There was not one thing about him that was repulsive.
What was truly disturbing was that she wanted to touch him. Would his skin be hot like the fires of hell? Would kissing him send her to ashes at his feet?

His blue eyes lit up with amusement.
"You can touch me without fear my little one."

"Stop reading my mind....it's rude." She snapped at him and stepped back. He was making her thoughts spin out of control.

"Perhaps we should start over little one. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Lucifer and I am now your Savior." he took her hand, pressed his lips to the back of her hand and all she could do was stare at him as her will exploded into dust.

Sky knew she had a problem and she had to get out of this one.
Shielding her thoughts as she was taught from childhood she began to formulate a plan to trick the devil into giving her what she needed and not give him what he would require as payment; her soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment