All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Lost in a Kiss


I didn't think stopping at the grocery store could be so entertaining.
I guess it would be when I have this little slip of a woman throwing bags of chips into the cart like a pro basketball player.
When one missed the cart and slid down the aisle she just laughs, snatches it up and tosses it back on the shelf with a muttered, we don't want that one.
Laughing she rode the cart down to the other end of the chip aisle and waved me onward.
Always an adventure with this little one.
She made me smile. Nothing could bring my mood up better than her. Her smile was contagious and she was the sweetest thing I had ever known. Heart bigger than Texas and she would drown you in compassion then give you mouth to mouth to revive you for more.
Laughing and joking they walked out of the store together.
This was a good thing. They needed to spend this time together. I had been avoiding it but damn it all, I missed her so much and I truly relaxed around her.

Into the house they tumble with all the bags going to the kitchen counter.
A night of movies with lots of beer and snacks. It will be great.
Damn, those jeans she had on tonight were his favorite. They hugged every curve.

She paused staring up at him and he froze.

"Like what you see?" She said playfully as she smiles up at him.

"Yes, I do. Always have." he says softly

"Good." she said and then she was pressing her small form against his body.

She puts her hands on either side of my face and the room falls away.
I have never gotten so lost in a kiss before. And then, the space between us explodes.
My heart keeps missing beats and my hands cannot bring her close enough to me.
I taste her and realize I have been starving.
I have loved before but it didn't feel like this.
I have kissed before, but it didn't burn me alive.
Maybe it lasts a minute, and maybe it's an hour.
All I know is that kiss, and how soft her skin is when it brushes against mine and that even if I did not know it until now, I have been waiting for this person forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment