All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

You Are Not Mine


You are not mine, but sometimes I pretend that you wish you were.
I create this idea that you secretly want me and I often forget it's just something I've made up.
You do not want me and you do not want me and you are not mine.

Now I step back into the shadows. Being that sideline person in your life that really does not matter in the grand scheme of things.

I wanted to be your friend but somewhere I went wrong.
I crossed some invisible line that had you backing away from me.
Maybe all those fantasies I had in my head of you and I showed a little too much in my eyes when we were together.
Maybe you felt the bond growing closer and it was not for you.

Now I cannot go to those dream places for my heart cannot stand the pain.

I will just wander in the shadows.


No comments:

Post a Comment