All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Friday, April 22, 2016

Sucks



She sat across from her friend in the restaurant and sighed.

"He is going to be leaving soon. I believe he cares for me but he can't go there. I don't offer the best circumstance for a relationship. I mean it is a little different. Not many can share."

Her gaze was on her untouched plate of food. It was hard to eat these days.

"I sure know how to pick them eh?" She laughed and her friend agreed.

"I mean he is amazing. Gorgeous. Sweet. Smart. Creative. So much fun. I want to spend time with him and .....yeah go there." She laughed softly.

"But he won't even go out with me anymore. He keeps his distance. I sit at home thinking he does love me in some way right? I mean why would he get so close. We talk all the time. I know almost everything. He tells me his secrets. But still....he stays away. He is careful with his words. "

She poked a fork in her fettuccine and shook her head.

"It makes me question what I feel. What if this is all one sided and I make an ass of myself by saying something to him? Goddess, that would be an epic fail."

She looked across the table at her friend with un-shed tears in her eyes and said

"It sucks when you know that you need to let go but you can't because you're waiting for the impossible to happen."

Her gaze fell to her food and she felt her heart squeeze painfully. It was time to just let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment