All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

She Was Never Afraid





He stood next to his truck waiting for her to arrive. The thought of leaving this little slip of a girl was killing him inside but he had to go. It was time for his demons were getting the best of him and he knew if he ever showed her that side she would turn away. He needed her to see him as he was now, strong and in control. He sighed, he knew no one would love him if he ever revealed what lurked inside him. Always different. Someone people feared. The beast within him one short fuse away from being revealed. No one understood him but then he felt that she did. She understood those little corners of him that he tried to hide. She drew out the good in him which softened those edges and he wondered if he gave this a chance.....his thoughts trailed up as he watched her car pull up.
His heart sped up and his stomach flipped over at the sight of her.
Gorgeous green eyes and the way she walked to him as if she owned the very air around her.
God she was amazing. The kindest and sweetest girl he had ever known.

"Hi there." she said with a saucy tilt to her head as she looked up at him.
Goddess, she loved looking into his eyes for the blues made her heart soar with joy and her body tremble with desire.
He was such a big man, strong but gentle at the same time. It was an intoxicating combination. He thought himself a beast. Filled with darkness and scary things so he kept his distance She was never afraid of his darkness or the demons that danced in his eyes. She knew there was a beast within the man and she never would be afraid.
She did not want him to leave. Her heart squeezed with pain. She wanted him to stay here with her. Let her take care of him and chase away those demons. She could do it. She knew she could.
A sense of boldness washed over her and she decided it was now or never.
She stepped close and slipped her arms around his middle, pressing her small form against his body.
He stiffened, but she clung onto him, saying in a trembling voice.
"Deal with it."
His body relaxed and his arms came around her to crush her tightly to him.
A soft sigh escaped him above her head and she buried her face into his chest.

The tears would not stay away and she began to cry softly.

He lifted her chin up and seeing those tears undid him.

"Little one please don't....I can't...." he said softly as his fingers gently brushed away the falling tears.

"You can. You damn well can. Don't leave. Don't leave me.." she whispered then sobbed and buried her face in his chest and his arms tucked her protectively against him.

His mind was spinning and he knew he could stay. He could be with this little firebrand and love her with everything he had. He knew he could. He would be better for it. But he had to ask, he had to put it out there as harshly as he could for he needed a little warrior next to him.

"I am not easy little one. I am dark, dangerous and unpredictable. I have so much darkness in me that I scare myself. I feel I just need to be alone." He said as he lifted her chin to look into her eyes.
God, ,they were even greener when shimmering with those sad tears.
He watched those eyes shift from sad to anger. He leaned back seeing the little warrior he knew was in there.

"Fuck your darkness and I raise you my own. You think you are the only one with issues? With anger and sadness within? Well, guess what....you aren't. So I will need to warn you that I talk too much. I will tell you how it is and you will listen. I will be bossy and sometimes a handful but I will promise to always love you. We will never go to bed angry. And any demons that come out to fuck with me will need to deal with my bad ass little self wielding a sword of whoop ass. So stop this shit, kiss me and stay with me." She growled at him, stepping back with hands on her hips glaring at him.

He could not help the smile that broke out over his face and the chuckle that followed.

"You think I am fucking kidding?" she tilted her head and kept her stony gaze on him.

He shook his head and then stepped forward gathering her in his arms. He buried his face into her hair and inhaled. Her scent made him crazy and he knew he needed to give this a shot. He had to learn to take a chance now and again She was worth it.

"I will stay.....I will stay here with you cause I love you." he whispered softly.

She went completely still in his arms at his words then leaned back to look up at him. Wonder and happiness shone on her face and in her eyes.

"Yeah?" she said softly, almost afraid his mistaken what he said.

He smiled and nodded.

She laughed in joy and threw her arms around him, pressing her lips to his and he sank into the kiss with joy.
Her light was enough to snuff out any doubts and he realized as he tasted her that this was where he belonged. Right here with his little warrior.


No comments:

Post a Comment