All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Ghost Lover


    Dare I think of you at this eerie moment? Dare I stop to remember the touch of your fingertips upon my skin? Dare I even close my eyes this night?

    I wish that my ghost lover would come to me in the night with his spectral kisses upon my brow and the whispers of love in my ear. I wish this with all that I am. In my dreams is the only time I am allowed to be with him.

   Though he walks by the light of the day and smiles at all those he passes, I am invisible to him now. I am frozen, watching him, strong and confident. When our eyes meet, for a fleeting moment, I see the fire still rages within. He remembers, yes he does. The wild, crazy inferno that came with one touch. We felt out of control. Then he looks away and I am invisible once again.

             My heart breaks.

    He haunts the hallways of my memories and I cannot escape him there. He is my ghost that will forever haunt my soul, my heart. I succumb to the images of what once was and fall into an abyss of desire.

     I remember the look in his dark eyes before our first kiss. My soul was stolen from me that night. Was he the devil? Here on the earthly plane to steal my heart and soul to only dash it to the rocks of abandonment.?

My dreams feel cruel for I cannot look away from my ghost lover as he comes closer. I can feel his skin, so warm and strong against mine. I feel the tendrils of his dark hair trailing through my fingers as he tastes me deeply with a kiss. My heart beats furiously in passion and fear. I lift my hand to touch him one more time....

    ..... just one more time. Please let it be......but it is not to be.
He disappears with a smile that sears itself onto my heart.

                                                I wake to the feel of tears on my cheeks.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment