All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Tell Me Everything....


   I was thinking the other day how I love to listen to those I care about tell me about their dreams, where they grew up, how they like their coffee and anything else they are willing to share. I love to talk as well but there is something grand about listening. You can tell so much about a person when they begin to talk. You know what impassioned them, scares them or brings them sadness. All of it brings emotions which are something tactile to me. Being an empath I sort through emotions like postcards, admiring them and loving their texture, depth, and color. If sad emotions come through I tend to wipe a loving hand over the picture to take away the gray, show them the rainbow in the matter and let them know they have a rock to lean on. If there is joy emitting then my eyes will alight like theirs, urging them to talk more and bring forth the bright colors of the rainbow as that is what joy does.

    I love to feel what others are feeling, though I am a little afraid of my own feelings. Tis a little silly to be sure but then I find that when I feel I tend to whirl around with their emotions as well. That can be overwhelming. To feel love vibrating to you from another, taking it in and swelling inside from it is a difficult thing to keep under wraps. I am not good at subterfuge at all. I tend to be vocally out there saying; hey this is how it is and let the dice as they fall. Yeah, not a good strategy at all. It does not work all the time so if you are someone who wishes odds to be in your favor, I do not recommend this route. It does work sometimes so a risk it is.

   Recently I have been feeling these tumultuous emotions sliding around within me and I feel they are being projected to me from another place. If I am connected to a person I feel a lot this way and unfortunately, I am connected to someone who is in some emotional turmoil. Yeah I know, sounds so metaphysical and off the wall and strange. Just go with it, think of it as a perception.
    I perceive this person I care for very much, whom I am in a rift with,  is having troubles at the moment and I wish there was a way I could soothe their brow with a gentle touch. Whisper that all will work out as it should. Brighter days are ahead. Provide wine, a loving ear and a safe place for them to just be simply who they are without worry.
    There is nothing I can do really except hope they feel from me that I care. That regardless of what water has passed under the bridge for us that I still care. That I will always care.

   A tough place for an empath to be in when the one they love is frustrated, hurt, angry and sad.

   A conversation between us does not have to be about their current dilemma. Sometimes talking about other mundane things can take the edge off the soul so that they do not feel like they are under the guillotine and waiting for it to fall.
   What new wines have you tried? My new favorite drink is Blue Moon beer mixed with orange juice. You need to hookah. Yeah, Blue Moon with hookah. A relaxing evening of baseball talk (Go Giants), how to plant the garden, how good the Hobbit really was, and there is that book Fifty Shades of Gray and yes I did write my version years ago. So much to talk about. So many avenues of calm, simple, relaxing conversation.

   Wish on a star. Wish on 11:11. Find a four leaf clover.

   What happens when it does?
   What happens when it does not?
    I am afraid of either one.

No comments:

Post a Comment