All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Monday, August 19, 2013

Women and Emotions



A very true statement which I have seen in action more than once.
A woman needs to be soft and caring when it is required of her but not when it is inconvenient for another.
Emotions are considered something to run away from rather than face.
Then there is a gal such as myself who feels her own emotions and then everyone else's as well.

Tell me what in the hell do I do with that?

I have been called out on 'emotions' before and I wonder, what does it mean to be 'emotional'?
It means that you are staring at someone you care for. That person has brought up something within you that you wish to share.
Whether it be frustration, passion, love or pain you want to share it with another human being who may listen, comfort and make you feel better or perhaps they will slap you down as you make them uncomfortable.

Funny, I have never been a drama filled thing.
But there has been one that brought out the wild, weeping, crazy that we all have within us.
Was I proud of it? Hell no. But did I feel what they were feeling? Hell yes.
Do I understand now that some of what was happening was their emotional roller coaster taking me for a ride?
Yes.

I hopped off that wild ride, though I wished to stay on, I did not have anyone to hold my hand through the scary parts.
Now I stand as an emotional woman, unafraid and unashamed to say yes I feel.
Yes I will feel deeply.
I will be a basket case at times.
I will be a banshee.
But with all that comes the most amazing, understanding, awesome woman you would ever wish to know.

I know my worth.
Took me a while to find it but I have it firmly within me now.
Right in my basket with my stuffed banshee right beside it.

Now come...let's play. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment