All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Monday, November 18, 2013

Just Breathe



"I am so nervous it is not funny. I mean it is one damn sentence that is flirty and here I am all a hot mess about it."

She said as she stalked around the room pulling drawers open and slamming them closed.

"It's so stupid that I cannot even understand what flirting is when its put in my face. Oh my hell where is my..." she stopped ranting as she pulled a purple journal from the final drawer in the room.

Shaking her head she turned to stare at Fitz, her black and white cat who was lounging on the chair watching her intently.

"Fitz, why am I such a loser when it comes to this sort of thing?" she asked the cat as she settled into the couch opposite.

Green eyes just gaze calmly at her.

"You are right. I should be confident in myself. I am a writer after all and I have made many swoon with my word smith work."
She flipped open the journal to a blank page, clicked her pen to the ready to write position and waited.

The page remained blank. She sighed and looked up to see Fitz yawn at her then blink sleepily.
"Yeah. I know. Boring. But I worry if I am too goofy he will think I am a dork. Then if I get all intellectual then I am too serious. I swear I can't win with this stuff. I was called overwhelming once you know. I say it was their weakness that could not handle it. I admitted when I said too much but hell, I hate dating a sphinx. Don't riddle me nothing boy, just give it to me straight. Why can't people just say what the hell they mean."

The cat licked a paw then stared at her calmly.

"I want to impress him so much. He has the most lovely smile. His sense of humor is wicked and I want to meet with him, talk more, get to know him and just let things naturally go where they may. I am tired of these men who get to know me and run away. I am not scary, I am just five feet of nothing really. Just a little gal who wants to be friendly."

The cat stood, stretched languidly and then sat down again watching her intently.

"Just breathe. Yes. You are right. Thanks for the talk Fitz. Guys could learn from you."

She stood and petted the cat on the way out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment