All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Thursday, November 7, 2013

My Heart Falls from the Sky



The note lay on her desk, a very empty desk and he picked it up with disbelief and read:

I have this bad habit of getting close to people and thinking that their always going to be by my side; but eventually they always leave.
I have this bad habit of loving people a little too much, when they don't even love me back; and when they leave me my heart feels like someone threw it from the sky.
I have this bad habit of caring for people, when they don't even care about me at all. Perhaps, if they saw through my eyes they'll see the scars I have deep down inside.
I'm tired. I'm tired. I'm tired. I wish feelings didn't exist.
Why do feelings exist anyway?
I always fall for everything and let it destroy me. It's my fault after all, but I still have hope that one day I find a person that shares the same bad habits as me.


He stood and looked around, wondering where she went, and then tossed the note back to the desk and walked away silent.

She needed to learn to be like other people. To harden herself against feeling but it was so hard when their emotions became hers.
Being such a strong empath made her weak when it came to her own emotions.
She knew who to love and why she loved them, even if it was not evident to others why she was in love.
She saw that under layer of the person and when it clicked with her soul she loved.
That one she loved even if others cautioned her not to.
She loved him instantly which was a shock to her very walled off cautious self.
Now a piece of her soul had chosen to walk away. To be loyal to something that was wrong.
Yet here she was still being tender towards him, understanding his choices and walking away to allow him to be as he was. Happy in his way.
Wiping tears away she slipped into her car and tossed the bag filled with her desk items.
Once glance at the building as she drove away and she closed the door.
Having it open, even for herself in her solitude, was too hard.
You are the one I love and I am saying goodbye.

She did not see him walk from the building to watch her drive away.
She did not see his concern.

What would happen next?

The same as it had always been: silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment