All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Monday, November 4, 2013

Through Her Eyes



   She said to me, " Look at life through my eyes," and I did but I couldn't see anything because I was surrounded by darkness.

   The darkness was all consuming and I felt as if I were being smothered by nothing. It was the strangest sensation to see nothing but the blackness of pain and one would think it would be weighty. Aren't we all going on and on about how heavy our hearts are when we are sad?
In my mind I was thinking I could be crushed by the sheer weight I saw in her eyes. It seemed to pull me downward just when I gazed into her sad, green eyes.
But in reality as I stood there staring outward to what she saw I was smothered by the vastness of the emptiness of her heart.
it was then I realized why the nothing was there.
She had to empty her heart and toss it into the nothing so she could not feel.
For once we feel then the heaviness invades us and pulls us down to our doom.
Gravity squared within our emotional maelstrom.

I had to close my eyes to come back to my own self.
I wanted to see the world through my eyes. I was alive there.
But then was I?

I looked at her small form before me and took a step back.
She was everything.
She was the sun, the moon, my air to breathe and I was hers......she was lost within her darkness because I took away her sun, her moon and her purpose to breathe.
So the nothing within her was smothering her slowly.

Weight was there. Now settling on my own heart. I did not realize what I had walked away from.

My soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment