All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Friday, March 1, 2013

Side Show Epiphanies



    These pictures remind me of my incredible life. Many eons ago I worked as a real side show oddity and it was the most amazing time of my life. I walked on glass, did the bed of nails, blade box, illusions and snake charmed. It was incredible to learn the trade and embrace it fully in my youth. Thanks to John Strong and his traveling Side Show I had the chance to live a little bit of the 'circus' life. He believed in me, taught me and allowed me to become a little bit of a star on stage. I am so grateful for this experience.

    As I thought about my life so far I realized I had a great one. Had a great one and will continue to have a fantastic one. I thought about some of the wonderful people in my life and the ones that have come and gone. I am blessed for these people touched me in so many ways and I hope I touched them as well. I want them to be happy and this is what brought me to my hard realization that I had been focusing on the wrong feelings.
 
   Then today I had an epiphany while I was driving home and I knew in an instant that I am truly living an incredible life.  There have been times when I have forgotten about the good things and have focused on the bad. Focused on the loss. Focused on the things I thought were wrong with me. Now that the shadows are sloughing off my soul I can see that I am still all bright and shiny on the inside. I cannot be kept down for long.

   Truth be told I had some people I cared for very much slip out of my life to go in their own direction. It bruised me and set me back a few steps. My instincts were to run after them but then I realized that they needed to do what was best for them and it was not personal. Friends will come and go, that is the way of life. The only thing you can hope for is that they find the happiness that they seek and that perhaps someday they will come full circle. Then you can enjoy the long talks of their journey. Such a wonderful thought!

  So my heart is light. I have no sage words here except I needed to jot something down as my mind was full of feelings. (Those pesky things!) And I am sure I will come back here later after a hard workout, have a beer and let the imagination roll. Maybe I will close my eyes, think about some wonderful kisses and have a bit of a fantasy of what could happen next.....hmm....sounds like a plan.

*blows kisses*

  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment