All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Three C's

   Today was a reflective day. I began to reflect on my life the past year or so. I found that my life had turned into a roller coaster with dizzying highs and heart crushing lows. With all of this I found out a few truths about myself that made me realize that I had been living a flat line life. Now I was out there experiencing life on a moment to moment basis with lots of emotion flowing through my soul. It is addicting. I love living.

   While in reflecting mode I began to think about how I got to this moment in my life. There was a time when things got pretty rough and my life slid into this strange neutral position which was not something I was not used to. I am happy it happened for it got the 3 C’s of relationships involved. I am very big on these 3 C’s for they are essential to any relationship a person may have with another person.
The 3 C’s are: Communication, Compassion and Compromise.

   You see my lifestyle is very different from the ‘normal’ folk out there in the world. I have always been a lone wolf standing off in the distance unable to really mesh with people well for my thought processes are a little off the beaten path.
So when I got married 22 years ago it was a little shocking for me to know there was another person who could put up with me, accept me for who I was (am) and roll with the twisty mess that I am most of the time. We have always been best friends through these 22 years and this is what keeps us going onward with smiles and happiness.

   When the turmoil began I began to see all the talk we had about our lifestyle over the years had been just talk. We talked the talk but did not walk the walk. This hit is between the eyes like a 2x4. The roller coaster began and I felt alive again. I felt emotion flowing through my heart and soul. I had become complacent in life and this shook me out of that gray world. We both began to realize we had been taking one another for granted. We needed to have these bursts of emotion, of discord so we were actually working in the relationship, not just being lazy. The foray into the lifestyle did bring us some surprises.

 Who knew that my first foray out into the lifestyle we discussed for so many years would put me at the end of my path.  Who knew I would hit the end result of my desires the first time? Who knew that his foray out into the world would find a snake in the grass that he had to learn how to combat?

   Well these discoveries took us both out. We were not prepared for it and so the communication began. We talked all the time, even when the talk was not comfy at all. All our discussions were not happy ones but they did get us to where we understood where the other was coming from. While we talked the compassion came out. This is where we made sure each party was apologized to when foot in mouth syndrome attacked. We soothed when we could and then stepped away when needed. The compromise came about as the epiphanies began to appear. We knew we could not have all things our way. We had to deal with the broken hearts, the bruised ego's and the frustrations of the path we chose.

   All of these things made the core of our souls stronger. We are the core, we need to remain strong so we can take the leaning of others. We are the forest, the river and the mountains. We provide love, safety, and family. We are proud of this. I am proud of this. I am proud of my growth and my capacity to love. Such an amazing time I am in and all I want to do is share this joy. I want that joy to soothe, comfort and bring smiles.

 Is that so bad?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment