All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Friday, July 12, 2013

Just No Avoiding It




She threw the last box into the car and slammed the trunk and in that moment the time had come to go away from the pain. To wander on her own way and not look back. So many did not look back at her while she laid in the dirt.
"Why are you doing this?" a voice said behind her and she turned to see her friend standing there. A sad look in her eyes.

"I need a change. I need to get away."

"Why so far away? I am going to miss you."

She nodded and then sighed.
"I will miss you too but this has to be where I go. I need to be gone. I cannot...I just cannot be reminded day after day of the loss I am living in."

"I know. I know why you are doing this but I think it's better to stand and face it all. Show him you are not running away. Things happen, things fall apart but you don't have to. You can avoid the pain, the person, the people, you can walk around them and just look other ways. Life will get back to normal."

She paused for a moment, a string of words in her head that were laced with pain. It seemed she could not cry anymore but she sure ached. Her gaze fixed to the horizon and she said softly.

"There is just no avoiding it: there will be times in your life where you will be stabbed by someone or something or perhaps the world itself, and then it's all you can do to keep your eyes open and your breath even and your legs from giving out from underneath you, your ears will hear nothing but screams of disappointment for bleeding all over the carpet."

Her friend just stood there open mouthed at her.

"My eyes are closed, my breath never comes deep and my legs have given out. I am bleeding out all over the carpet and I cannot stand the noise any longer. I am running away. I cannot face this life of disappointment any longer." She shook her head.

She leaned to her friend, hugged her tight and said softly. "Come visit. It's always warm where I will be."

Her friend had unshed tears in her eyes as she got into her car.
Backing out she did not look back.
It hurt her for she knew she was leaving people behind who cared for her but for once in her life she would do something selfish. She would have what she wanted.
Finally.
Even if she climbed the mountain alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment