All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Monday, July 22, 2013

Promise Me



    Never had she been so daring but her world had come to one single pinpoint. A sort of a mission that she needed to be heard.
Ah but would it make any difference? She bet it wouldn't but then that was not the point of this running amok kind of action.
The point was to have her say not have him back. She felt at this point he was not someone she knew anymore. He did not seem someone she wanted to know anymore but her soul screamed for resolution.
The paper clutched in her hand said simply:

Promise me. That's all I want. Just promise that you'll never forget me. Tell me that I changed you somehow. Let me know that I had an impact on your life. Promise me that you'll always remember me. Losing you was hard enough, but I don't want to go on knowing I mean absolutely nothing to you.

As she ran headlong across the parking lot toward his truck she felt a stab of fear.
Oh great Goddess she did not want to know. She would rather live in her fantasy that he cared for her in some small way. That she did move him to go beyond his control and that allowed him to take her as he desired. As she desired.
She skidded to a halt not caring who watched her.

"Damn. Fuck this." She growled and stared hard at the ground.
Then with a resigned sigh she crumbled the note in her hand and with a wrench to her heart she tossed it to the gutter.
She glanced at it for a moment thinking to rescue it. Thinking she could just tuck it away into her box of thoughts she kept.
A lift of her chin as one tear ran down her cheek.
An angry swipe of her hand to that errant, unwelcome touch of salt water etching its way down her cheek.

"No. Hell no I will not cry over someone who doesn't give a shit about me. Hell no."
with that being said to no one she stalked off to her car.
Turning up the music she set her mind to the next task.
Forgetting him once and for all.
This she would do.
Yes.
It had to be done.
For she was not to be trifled with.

As she zoomed out of the lot she did not look back.
She should have.
If she had looked she would have seen a tall figure picking up a crumbled piece of paper from the gutter next to his truck.
Unraveling it to read and stare after her with concerned eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment