All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

There's a Moment in Life




Another day in defeat.
Curling up in bed, listening to the rain fall.
How I wish it would wash me away.
Take me apart and turn me into something new.
Twist my atoms into a grand spectacle of joy that could be loved.

But I remain as I am; nothing.
Helpless I lay within my darkness.
Rejected by all.
Succored by none.
Strangled by the sorrow of being alone.
Wholly, mournfully alone.
Even in a room full of people, I am still disheartened to see
I am forgotten.
Not worth the effort.

There's a moment in life
when you get tired of chasing everyone and everything.
That moment stretches and a troubled silence fills the air.

Slighted once again.
Painful memories of loss filling my mind.
I close my eyes for it is time to escape.

To go some place where I am wanted.
To be joyful.
To be at peace at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment