All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Monday, July 22, 2013

Rejection



"Dammit, shit...I hate this...." she sputtered as she slammed the car door and her friend slid into the seat next to her.

"I will not fucking cry. NO."

Her friend sat silently for a moment then said softly.

"Crying is ok. It shows that you care but now you need to let go."

She sniffed and then frowned. Why did he have to go to someone else.
She looked over at her friend and whispered.

"Why wasn't I good enough? Am I not pretty? I swear he thought I was gorgeous. Am I too fat? Stupid?" she shook her head fighting the tears once again.

Her friend leaned over, placed on hand on her arm and said.

"No. You are pretty, smart and awesome. Remember, rejection doesn't mean you aren't good enough; it means the other person failed to notice what you have to offer. And you have a lot to offer. Honesty. Integrity. Something many people do not have these days. Know yourself. Know what you felt, saw in his eyes and what is happening now. Just know. Cry. Let it all go and then do not cry again as it is time to move on to better things. To those who appreciate you and what you truly do have to offer."

A small smile touched her lips.

"Thank you. I am lucky for a friend like you."

She took a deep breath, turned the car over and nodded.

"Time to move on."

No comments:

Post a Comment