All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Truth is I Miss You




He stood there staring at her and she knew she needed to answer his question fully and without fear.
She usually hedged around what she wanted to tell him because she was afraid of the answer. So afraid to tell the truth of her emotions to only have them dashed on the rocks of his disdain.
But not this time and she lifted her chin and looked right into his eyes. Those beautiful dark eyes that had stolen her soul so long ago.

"The truth is I stopped talking to you not because I don't like you anymore but because I thought I was annoying you." She said firmly and when he began to protest she held a hand up to make him pause.

"And I'm just waiting for you to say that you miss me because I miss you every day. Every hour, every minute, every second."
She inwardly cursed as her voice caught on the last word. She wanted to sound strong but of course failed as she felt the unshed tears threatening to fall.

He was very still, his eyes unreadable and she felt the fear rush through her and she felt a little faint. Oh Goddess, it was what she thought. He did not care and with that thought she turned away.

"I miss you." she heard him say and she paused.
"I do miss you. Very much. I miss what I did not get to know. I miss the what could have been's" He stood right behind her and she about crumbled when his hands settled gently on her shoulders.

"I just...." he sighed then started again. "I just don't know how to do this. It is all so different."
his voice held emotion and she turned to look up at him and she could see he was in pain as well.
Her hand lifted to touch his cheek and he sadly smiled, covering her hand with his own.

"I don't know how to do it either but....we can at least try. It has to be better than what we have been going through." she said gently.

He nodded then said. "Then let's talk this out."

"Yes....we do need to do that. Thank you." she said feeling like there may be some hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment