All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Puzzles


"Damn" she growled and wiped the tears from her eyes.

It made her so angry to have tears just show up when she read something that has to do with that person. It is so stupid.
She fumed as she stood and walked to the window to stare up at the big moon that hung in the night sky.

"Girl you are a fool. Fell for the wrong guy." she said softly, trying to ignore the lump in her throat and wiped at more tears.
She turned to her phone that buzzed with a text.
Her heart lifted as she saw it was from her best friend.
He always seemed to know when she was upset. That connection, that empathy they had between them was rearing its head.
The text read; Call me.
She picked up the phone and called him.

"Hi" he said the moment the connection was made.

"Hi...what's up." she said softly as she sat in the chair, staring at the moon.

"I was thinking you needed me."

"You know, this is wild. This thing we have."

"I know. It's wild but it's here so we deal. You are thinking about that jerk again aren't you?"

"Yeah. Stupid I know. I just see one thing I wrote about him or see his picture and I crumble in pain. I cannot believe it sometimes, how I still feel so strongly and it really makes me mad. I feel so used." she said and sighed softly with sadness.

"Listen, No matter what, once in your life, someone will hurt you. That someone will take all that you are, and they will rip it into pieces and they won't even watch where the pieces land. But through the breakdown, you'll learn something about yourself. You'll learn that you're strong. And no matter how hard they destroy you, that you can conquer anyone. Then you will move to the next, to the one who is supposed to be there. He will be the one who will pick up the pieces of you, try to put them back together as best as he can and lift you up every single day." he said and then sighed.

"That was amazing....really. Thank you. " She said and frowned for his sigh sounded weary.

"What's wrong?"

"Your hurts are a puzzle but I am good at puzzles, I think I am picking the pieces and putting them into the right place and healing you as best I can. I hope I'm doing a good job." His words came as a tentative whisper.

Her heart pounded and all her anguish was forgotten in the face of what he was saying. She kept her feelings for him quiet and on the inside, so afraid she would lose him if she ever let those feelings go. She realized now that he did care for her, deeply and now she was where she truly belonged. This person who knew her so well, who cared for her, who was always there when she needed him, and always made her smile.

"You are doing an excellent job." She said with hope in her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment