All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

When I'm With You

 
She finally stood before him. It had been too long since she was with him and she had so much to say. She felt she talked too much so she just went along for the ride. They chatted. They walked. They ate. They enjoyed.
 
"Ok what is on your mind." he asked as they walked towards the car.
 
"What do mean?" She said hesitantly.
 
"You have been going through the motions tonight and I can tell something is on  your mind. So spill it."
 
"Oh its ok. I just think a lot. Talk too much. Over think. You know how I am." She looked away from him as they stopped at the car. She clicked the remote to unlock the car and as she looked across the roof of the car to where he should be standing she saw he was not. She turned and there he was next to her and she froze.
 
"Talk to me please." He said softly.
 
She chewed her bottom lip for just a second and then sighed.
 
"Ok, well don't say I didn't warn you."
 
He nodded, leaned against the car and waited.
 
She took a deep breath and finally said what she wanted to say.
 

"When I'm with you I act different in a good way. I smile more and laugh more. I don't have to pretend everything is ok when it's really not. With you, I can drop the fake smile and put on a real one. I don't feel hurt and alone when I'm with you, instead I feel safe and loved. You're easy to talk to and you listen to me. I don't have to worry about holding back with you. I don't feel self conscious. I don't ever feel insecure or sad. You show me that you really do care and that you're not just pretending. I really appreciate your company, because with you I'm different. With you I'm happy."

He pushed away from the car and slipped his arms around her. She sighed and hugged him tight, pressing her form against his. She loved being in his arms and lately she seemed to be in his arms a little more and that was just fine with her.

"With you I'm different as well. You make me smile and laugh. I feel good and happy." he said softly against her hair, keeping her close.

A shiver of anticipation washed over her as she hoped this was going where she wished it to. Great Goddess if it did it would be a dream come true.
Then her whirling mind paused and one thought came forth; courage.
She needed to just take a chance.
She leaned her head back and looked up at him. His dark gaze was on hers, gentle and filled with adoration. Her hands came up to cup his cheeks and she whispered.

"Courage."

Her lips pressed to his softly, tentatively and she let them linger for a few seconds. She did not know what he would do but she hoped for a kiss in return.
In that moment, that split second, his arms tightened about her form and he returned her kiss with barely checked desire.
She moaned softly into his mouth and then his tongue was sweeping through her mouth, devouring her from the inside out. She felt liquefied. Like she was melting from the awesome heat that raged through them both. Her arms tightened about him and her body molded against him.
This is what she wanted. This is what they wanted. This is what they needed.
This was the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment