All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Tormented


"Wait!" He called as he walked towards her across the dark parking lot.

She quickened her steps as she headed towards her car. She did not want to have any conversation with him for she knew it would turn ugly. Too much water under the bridge and she needed to burn the bridge or drown in the rushing tormented water below.

"Good God, will you please wait!" he had broken into a run and was closing in on her.

Shaking her head she tried to go a little faster but the toe of her boot caught on a crack in the pavement and she stumbled. Before she went down his arms were around her, pulling her back against him to keep her from tumbling to the pavement. Her purse did hit the ground and her keys scattered, sending a shock wave of sound throughout the silent lot.
She squirmed in his arms, she could not be against him like this, it tore her apart to know he would just walk away after he had his say.
His arms released her but he quickly reached down grabbing her keys as she reached for her purse.
She spun around looking at him, wild eyed and angry.

"What do you want?" she said angrily.

"I want to talk damn it." he said staring at her with his own impatient anger.
Now he wanted to talk. Now he had things to say. Always on his terms.

She shook her head and held out her hand for her keys.

"Give me my keys please." she said quietly.

"No. Not until you hear me out." he said as he stared at her.

They stood silent for a moment, her heart pounding and she felt a little faint. He was so beautiful. Her gaze settled to his lips, wanting to taste him again for it had been so long since she had and she decided in that moment she was insane. Truly, utterly insane to want this person after he left her in the dust without a word. The anger flared within her once again and as she started to just tell him off his softly spoken words made her pause.

"I am so sorry I hurt you." he said gently, his eyes showing his pain and sorrow.
He seemed to sense that she was listening and he continued.

"I just did not know what to do with such emotions coming from you and within myself. It was all me, you did not do anything wrong. It was all so intense. Then the situation was not ideal and...well I fucked up. I know it. But I have to say you were so.....over the top at times, your words were all so dark as if.....you were being consumed by something. It scared me."

Her eyes on him she realized he was right. She did go to a dark place. But how does one not dwell in a dark place when they feel as if they are going crazy over someone who seems to have no interest in them. How does one deal with love pouring out of their heart unexpectedly. How? She had no clue how to deal with any of this and not only did she receive no care from him, he never gave her a chance to even try to explain or to calm down. The darkness swallowed her whole, bringing her into a black hole of swirling, conflicting emotions.
Heart hammering she looked him in the eye and said softly.

"I am eternally, devastatingly romantic, and I thought people would see it because romantic doesn't mean sugary. It's dark and tormented - the furor of passion, the despair of an idealism that you can't attain."

She paused, gathering her courage and then continued.

"I was lost in the darkness of loving someone who did not love me in return. I was tormented by the fact I was a fool to fall so fast and hard. The passion took over and slipped me into a world of fantasy where I was with you. We were happy. I was a fool. And I still feel like a fool."

He stepped forward, his dark eyes filled with something she could not put her finger on. She lifted her chin wondering what sarcasm she would be dealt.

"I felt the same way. I was lost in the darkness of loving someone I could not have." he said softly as he stood mere inches from her.

They stood there in the dark parking lot in a place of truce for the truth had been told. What happens now is only a fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment