All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Panic

"I'm the kind of person that when I cry, I cry. When I fall for someone, I fall too hard. People tell me I'm too intense when it comes to emotions." she paused in her furious pacing, glancing to him sitting there on the chair watching her intently but with no readable expression on his face. Her tears fell down her face without her even realizing it. She stopped then stood there and held her arms out to her side in a helpless gesture.

 "I'll do anything to be around you. I don't always look perfect and sometimes I get insecure."

She knew she did not look perfect right now, a lump formed her in her throat and she knew this was far from the joy she wished to feel. Her tennis shoes were scuffed and worn, her jeans were a little big and her t-shirt a little childish with a smiling, multi colored sugar skull on the front. She knew her hair was a mess for she flew over to see him after his text telling her they had to talk. Those little words shot fear through her emotional self and she panicked.

Wiping at her eyes she dropped her hands to her side as he had not moved, not said a word and she felt the defeat coming a mile away but she said her last piece anyway. For she knew if she did not say it she would regret it forever.

 "And I may have flaws, but I'll love you better than anyone else ever could."
Her softly spoken words floated away into the silent room. Her tear filled eyes on his unmoving form on the chair.
She knew after their night together things would never be the same, she knew it but she took the chance anyway.

He stood, his eyes never leaving hers and he closed the distance between them.
Her heart skipped in her chest, she could not feel him, she could not decipher his feelings nor his mood and it scared her.
His fingers lifted to trail over her cheek, then he leaned forward, kissed the single tear that rolled down her cheek.

"You already do love me better than anyone else ever has and ever will. That is a gift. A gift I am grateful for. Know this my emotional little one, I love you so very much. That is what I wanted to tell you tonight but my little crazy girl went overboard." His eyes were glowing with happiness and his smile was so wide.
her heart stopped beating for a moment when he uttered those words and then she laughed.
The joy bubbled out of her and she threw her arms around him.
She felt explosions of joy all over her soul and his as well.
Incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment