All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Nothing Extraordinary


"He has a crush on you my friend. Yes he does. He looks at you all the time."

Her best friend said and she turned to look at him shaking her head.

"Stop shaking your head at me. You need to open your eyes and see."

He said and she sighed.
Her gaze went to the mountains that rose up before them as the stood next to the river where they had been skating.

"I really can't picture anyone having a crush on me. I can't picture someone thinking about me before they fall asleep. I can't picture anyone getting butterflies because I said hi to them or even just smiled at them. I can't picture someone smiling at the computer screen or their cell phone when we're talking."

She turned and looked at him with sad eyes and he looked back her with a worried expression.

"I mean like....why would they even do that? I am just....me...nothing extraordinary or special."
She shrugged, trying to ignore the look of pure anxiety on her friends face and turned to look at the mountains again.

Her heart was heavy. She had been left behind so many times that she realized she was just not worth the trouble to anyone.
She was worthless.
She needed to know this and forget about trying to love when she was not lovable.
She was forgettable.
So she knew at this point what she had to do.
Just simply disappear. Not like anyone would notice anyway.
She sighed and shook her head to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment