All Good Things Come to Those who Wait

All Good Things Come to Those who Wait
Lost Girl

Thursday, June 13, 2013

The World Stops with You


She knew she had interrupted him in his work. She could see a small crease of annoyance in between his eyes but what she noticed more was the look in his eyes. It was as if he could not decide to be happy she was there, taking a stand, or worried that she was here to say something he could not handle.
She was past caring and she would not go the rest of her life not saying what is in her heart. She knew she would regret it so she rushed headlong into her words.

"When I see you, the world. It stops and all that exists for me, is you and my eyes staring at you. There's nothing else. No noise, no other people, no thoughts or worries. No yesterday, no tomorrow."

She paused a moment as he stood and watched him carefully. The others in the room had melted away and they were alone. Her heart was pounding so hard that she thought she would faint but she kept going. She had to make him hear her for once and not run away.

"The world just stops and it's a beautiful place and there's only you. Just you. And my eyes staring at you. When you're gone, the world starts again and I don't like it as much. I can live in it, but I don't like it. I just walk around in it and wait to see you again and wait for it to stop again. I love it when it stops. It's the best thing I've ever known or ever felt. The best thing, and that, is why I stare at you."

Her last few words had dropped to a soft whisper for he was standing right in front of her. So close she could almost hear his own heart pounding in his chest. His eyes were pinned to hers and she felt as if she would crumble into a thousand pieces. Oh great Goddess, please let him be in my world please. She prayed fervently in her mind.
She froze when his fingers slid over her cheek and he smiled softly.

"It's funny you say all that because when I see you the world, it stops and all that exists for me is you and my eyes staring at you. There's nothing else. No noise, no other people, no thoughts or worries. No yesterday no tomorrow. Just now. Just us. And I am sorry I keep running away from that world of perfection. I am so afraid of the stillness we create when we are together. But...."

His fingertip touched her bottom lip and she felt as if she was going to explode.

"....I want to reside in this beautiful place with you but I ask you to please hold my hand and keep me steady. Be outrageous with me. Be forceful with me. But most of all, don't stop loving me."

He said softly and with her almost imperceptible nod he leaned in and kissed her deeply.

They stood there in their world where only they mattered. And it was good.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there I just stumbled upon this poem, searching for what I felt when I saw my love. I really enjoyed it! It made me remember that feeling. God for youn for writing your work! I also write creatively, check out my blog if u want barefootlines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete